I have collected some information regarding my Paternal Grandmother's side of the
They were Portuguese and lived in California after leaving the Azore Islands. I
would like help finding family members, and also information regarding the family tree.
Joeseph Lopes Sr.
(born in Portugual January 15, 1869 died Feb. 13, 1938 in Sacramento, California at
the county hospital while living with his daughter Mary Virgilio.
Joe Lopes is buried in East Lawn Cemetery Sacramento, California, @ 43rd &
Folsom Blvd. Section S grave #456.
Joe or Joseph Lopes was a Kick boxer from Portugal and was known to fight
underground challenge prize fights, in Merced, California.
My Great Grandmother was
Constancia Candida Lourenco - Lopes aka DaRocha born
Islands Feb 28, 1885 and lived until April 8, 1953. She is buried in the St.
Johns Cemetery Escalon/Manteca, California- San Joaquin County
(Her mother's maiden name was Candida and her father's surname was Lorenco) |
|(The children of
Joe Lopes Sr. and Constancia Candida Lorenco- Lopes
a>were as follows:
Note: Some of these children grew up at Half - Moon Bay in and orphanage.
1. Mary Lopes/Mary Virgilio [ not Regello] of Sacramento--married
Anthony Virgilio and lived at I & 65 Streets in Sacramento, California. Anthony Virgilio
was Italian and Norwegian and inherited wealth. |
· Tony, Johny and Jeanette. ??? Can someone please help???
- Virginia - Rayjinks - their children were Dale, Danny and Michael Lewis (Mike) now
deceased. Michael Lewis' daughter is Sharon Covello (209) 817-5467.
- Betty Jane died in a car accident.
- Betty Lou (Betty Lou Sutter (916) 421- 4447) married Irwin Suitter and their children are Mary Lou Suitter
and Shari Suitter.
- Anthony married "Cotton" Carolyn Bandy (but Anthony was murdered).
Anna Lopes/ Annie Sylvia · /
Annie DeSilva Manteca married Domingus Silva. They had no children together. · Annie was very beautiful and
self centered. |
Manuel Lopes of Gustine / Manual Lopes lived near Atwater, California/
Manuel Lopes aka Mannie (had red hair) of Dos Palos, California (son? moved to New
4. Elanor Lopes. Elanor & Annie both lived in San Francisco)
Eva Lind· June 29, 1911 to Nov 15 1946 is buried at Park View Cemetery French Camp, CA
Lind of Stockton / Eva Lopes married Axel Lind. Axel Lind loved Eva very much. Eva was very beautiful. (Mary
married Axel Lind after Eva died.)
Jenny & Bill Castello (209)823-5657,
Clarence Lind + Jackie Scott Manteca, California,
|Clarence Lind |
born 1928 in Grand Junction, Col.
| ||Jenny Lind |
|Clarence Lind married Jackie Scott ||Jenny Lind married Bill Castello|
|Eric Lind + Shelly |
Eric Lind (209)523-3574 ·
Eric Lind is Clarence's son and Eric's children are:
- Michelle Marie Lind 1-(831)-297-3400
- Bill Castillo and Debbie Friend has a daughter named Briana Castillo (209)275-3896
- Nancy Castillo has two daughters: Michelle Castillo and Gina Pfeifer
- Gracie Castillo has two daughters: Sarh and Natalie.
- Connie Castillo has a daughter named Ceclia Castillo.
- Robert Castillo has a daughter named Ashley
- John Castillo has a daughter named Danielle Castillo
- Vince Castillo Has three Children: Susan Castillo, Natalie Castillo and Vinny Castillo
- Frank Castillo
Rose Silva of Merced/ Ethel Rose Lopes- Souza( born about 1910
Redbluff California) had two daughters Betty Souza / and Ester Galpin- Ester's daughters Wanda, & Louise, and
Betty Runyon married Tom Runyon, and her children are Sandra who married Fred Stuessy. Betty's
son Patrick married Jackie and their daughter is Melissa Runyon.
7. Joseph Lawrence Lopes Jr. lived in Stockton, California. May have
been in the U.S. Calvary and Modesto Sheriff. His wife was named Ida and his
daughters are Beverly aka Bunny, and Pat, and both still live in Stockton, California. · Joe Laurence was a
very sweet man.
8. Laurentina Lopes born August 16, 1913 in California/ Laura Servaes-Knapp /Laura Smith and died in Salinas, California January 17, 1950
last known residence was Salinas, CA and her
Wilma Servaes aka Wilma Gordon, she mrried Cheslee Gordon and their children are Little
Cheslee, Linda, Ronald, Margaret,
Cliff Servaes, married Cloyed Sapp and their children are Dennis (that's me), Bryant, and Tammy.
Viv Servaes aka Connie Heider she married Bill Heider and their children are Charles, Gary and Marlus.
Ward Servaes married Lola Jones and their children are Todd and Nick.
to Aug . 1942,
There were two others: Sissy (?) & Sonny (?) (-father M. Knapp)
My name is Dennis Servaes the son of
His Dad was Ted
Or call me at:(209)309-2936.
If this is helpful information to anyone please let me know!